My husband and I always drive separate to church because I always need to be there early. Today we had a Thanksgiving feast potluck after church and when we were done my husband took our oldest son home and left me our other two children. I needed to help clean up, so S went to play in the gym and H was with her friends. When I was done I went to the gym and gave S a five minute warning while I went to get H. I looked high and low for that girl and couldn't find her, I called home to make sure she didn't change her mind and go with her dad. Finally, I found her in the nursery. ( the door was closed and only one light was on so it looked dark) Anyway, by the time I found her I was READY TO GO. So we left. When I got home my husband said "Where's S?" Are you kidding me?
Thankfully we only live 2 minutes from church and a friend was already on her way with him.
5 comments:
I can't believe it has taken that long to become a member! Of course, I have only been official for 2 weeks.
Welcome to the elite club where mothering matters.
Uh-oh. Sounds like it is catching.
Don't worry, I was left at church as a child and I'm not too scarred because of it ;-)
However, chances are you'll get grief about it for years to come!
OH, Pam! Well, all I can say is that it probably happened so that you can encourage the rest of us in years to come! I'm glad you live so close!
It happens to the best of us!
you poor thing. i'm CERTAIN the whole thing upset you far more than s!
Post a Comment