I mentioned on
Carissa's blog that we are going through a life change right now. My husband is looking for a new job. He has been the Property manager of a local resort and they are doing some budget cuts. I really do feel like God was preparing my heart prior to hearing the news from Tod. I felt like God was going to do some work in my life. I didn't know what and I hoped it wasn't Tod losing his job, but I knew that whatever it was, God was in control. All I can do is trust Him and cling to His promises. We have been here before and God provided this particular job. So we will
"Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let our gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. [we will] not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with THANKSGIVING, present our requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard our hearts and minds in Christ Jesus." It struck me the other day when I was repeating this verse, that after we present our requests to God, it doesn't say he will give us the answer we want, it says his PEACE will guard our hearts and minds in Christ Jesus. That was so signicant to me. I don't know about you, but my mind could really do a number on me if God's peace wasn't guarding it.
God has given me everything I have ever hoped for:
- an amazing man that I love with all my heart and that loves me
- three beautiful, fun, energetic, healthy kids
- encouraging, challenging, and incredibly fun friends
- oodles of family that live here
- a comfortable home
- a great church family
- and so much more
I am blessed.
7 comments:
"[we will] not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with THANKSGIVING, present our requests to God."
This has always been one of my favorite verses. I want you to know that I'll be praying for you. Your faith is inspiring, and God will bless you for that.
Thank you for the courage to share that. I know that this group of bloggers is amazing at the prayer thing. Let us all seek to be an encouragement and strength for one another.
I love you, sis. You know that I am on my knees.
Love your list!
pam...i am on of those people who CRAVE stability. so, i know how hard times like this can be. but hard times always lead to good things in our hearts because of Christ. so, i will hope this time is short and full of blessings in the end. thanks for trusting us with your heart. what a compliment to us!
Pam, I will be praying for you. I know how hard it is to be in "limbo". We've been there many times in our married life. And time and time again He has shown that He is FAITHFUL!
I know he will in this situation as well!
I love your heart, Pam. You have such a way with words and a gift of remembering the right scripture at just the right time.
Thanks for sharing this with your bloggity friends. We are all praying for you.
Sure love you, friend!
Thanks for all your kind words and prayers. I will keep you posted. (pun intended)
Hi Pam...checked out your blog through Alana. Or Janelle? Maybe Shelley? :)
I pray for His peace to surround you as you go through this transition period.
Post a Comment