Monday, March 10, 2008

Weekend Gone Wonderful

We had a wonderful weekend. T has to travel for his job and is gone most weekends now. So this past weekend we packed up and went with him. We picked the kids up after school and headed north. We arrived at our hotel around 5:00 and T had to head to his first appointment. The kids and I stayed at the hotel while he was gone. I took the kids to the pool and they had a great time while I read. When T got back we went out to eat and then we went to a local store to buy lots of snacks for us for the next day. T left again the next morning came back for a swim with the kids left again that afternoon until late that night. The kids and I just stayed in the room and watched movies, played games, and ate. I loved the time I was able to spend with them uninterrupted. Sunday after we checked out we went to eat and then T dropped us off at a movie while he had another appointment. After the movie we walked to a frozen custard place and had a shake while we played this game that I carry in my purse. We started home around 4:30 and got in around 11:00. It was a great trip. The kids had fun, T loved the company and having someone else to drive part way and I was able to just enjoy the time with my family without distraction. The only sad thing was that our oldest wasn't able to go due to baseball and band commitments. He stayed with his grandparents over the weekend, but it sounds like he had a good time too.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like a fun weekend!

glad you had fun!

Anonymous said...

sounds like a fun weekend!

glad you had fun!

Anonymous said...

ok that is weird...not sure why it posted twiice?

Janelle said...

I am happy for my friend! It is always great to get away.

Alana said...

That sounds absolutely wonderful, Pam! Glad you had a good time. I love to be away from the house with my kids. I am so much more fun without all that work staring at me!

Shelley said...

Oh, I am so with Alana. I'm way more fun when I'm not at home! I'm so glad you had a great weekend! That game looks interesting.

michelle said...

Glad you had a great weekend!

So when are you going to teach us how to play?