I will start with meme #2 because I need to think about #1 some more and I will post it another day.
The book I am currently reading is this book. I am loving it and have learned so much about the world of teenagers. I highly recommend it before your kids hit the teenage years. Anyway, the meme is to turn to page 123, find the 5th sentence and list the next 3 sentences. It's a little interesting because I will start in the middle of quote from a teen girl (in brown) and go into what the authors say. Here goes... " 'But I just kept thinking how sad that she couldn't talk to her own mom...that she didn't have that kind of relationship where she could get both understanding and a better solution that was more in line with the family's morals.' With all the challenges and temptations our kids face, it's important that they believe we are safe and clued-in listeners who can be trusted to handle anything they tell us. Thankfully, the kids provided lots of great examples of what makes them feel we are listening, beginning with the revelation that we mentioned earlier." I haven't read this chapter yet, but I tried to skim it over to find the revelation she is talking about and I think it is trying to listen to their feelings and not freak out. Let me tell ya, this is a challenge for me because I am a freaker outer!
Have a great weekend everyone!
4 comments:
"a freaker outer" - i love line!
As hard as this stage I'm in is, the teenage years SCARE me! Thanks for the recomendation!
That's why you go before me. You can try out different teenage things and then tell me what worked best for you. Then I won't be the freaker-outer. :)
I am so thnkful I have you to model after. Even though you are a FO, you are still so wise. Thanks for sharing this with us. I need to be more in tune to listen to my kids with the ability to not overreact.
Post a Comment