Sunday, May 11, 2008

Her Children Arise and Call Her Blessed

This post is dedicated to the most important woman I have ever known; my mom. I adore my mom. She is what I want to be. She has always been the perfect balance of love and discipline. I read parenting books that say you shouldn’t be your child’s ‘friend’ you need to be their parent. But my mom was both while I was growing up. I wish I knew exactly how she did it. I love her and respect her. She taught me how to cook, clean, and do laundry. But most of all she taught me about love and grace. She taught me how to serve my husband and my children. I can remember so many times she denied herself to give to us. She is my hero! Happy Mother’s Day, mommy, I love you!

3 comments:

Shelley said...

Pam, I feel the same way about my own mama. Somehow she was my friend and my mentor, all in one. This is so sweet!

Janelle said...

She is a great woman...so are you! I want to be YOU.

Alana said...

I'm with Janelle, I don't know your Mom, but if she is anything like you she must be very special!