

My little girl is 13! I can’t believe it. These years have gone by so fast. I can still see her cute little crinkle nose smile when she was four. I remember how she loved to play dress up and do my hair. I loved to watch her sing and dance and play with her brothers. She is growing up now and my heart is overflowing. She is a beautiful, wonderful, kind, compassionate, strong, giving person. She is the daughter I prayed for. God has blessed me beyond measure through her. She continually
amazes me with her perseverance and courage.Several years ago I read *Lisa*Welchel’s (from Facts of Life) website and she posted what she did for her daughter’s 13th B-day. It was a special Spa day complete with a verse for everything they would do. I thought it was such a great idea. I have been planning this for Hannah for over 5 years. So Friday night my sweet girl and I packed up and went to a hotel.
And this is how we spent our weekend...I gave her one note at a time with the scripture and a message from me. It was truly a special time.
Spa Day – “ When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a ‘woman’, I put away childish things.” 1 Corinthians 13:11
Massage – “Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:6
Skirt & Shirt – “And I want women to be modest in their appearance. They should wear decent and appropriate clothing and not draw attention to themselves…For women who claim to be devoted to God should make themselves attractive by the good things they do.” 1 Timothy 2:9,10
Manicure – “Who may ascend into the hill of the Lord? Or who may stand in His holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart.” Psalm 24:3,4
Pedicure – “If I then, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also ought to wash one another’s feet.” John 13:14
Facial – “For if you just listen and don’t obey, it is like looking at your face in a mirror but doing nothing to improve your appearance. You see yourself, walk away, and forget what you look like. But if you keep looking steadily into God’s perfect law—the law that sets you free—and if you do what it says and don’t forget what you heard, then God will bless you for doing it.” James 1:23-25
Necklace – “My ‘daughter’, hear the instruction of your father, and do not forsake the law of your mother; for they will be a graceful ornament on your head, and chains about your neck.” Proverbs 1:8,9
Mother/Daughter Frame – “For this child I prayed, and the Lord has granted me my petition which I asked of Him.” 1 Samuel 1:27
I have wanted a daughter for as long as I can remember. I hope you enjoyed this day. I’m so glad we have the friendship that we do. I don’t take that for granted. I hope you will always feel like you can talk to me about anything. I love spending time with you. You are so precious to me. I love you, my beautiful teenage daughter.
5 comments:
What a beautiful post. Tears started running down my cheeks as soon as I read the title. Just knowing how you have prayed for her as a young girl and for her health as a little one makes this post even more special.
She is a rare treasure.
Love you sweet girl!
I think this post needed a tissue warning!
What a beautiful way to celebrate such a special birthday for such a great girl!
I may have to print these scriptures and save that idea for AJ.
Happy Birthday!
Oh Pam, that was just beautiful. I am so inspired and moved, what a beautiful way to celebrate your beautiful daughter! I know she'll always remember this special birthday that you gave her. What a gift! She is so blessed to have you for a mama.
Sweet Pepper,
We are so blessed to have you in our lives. We love you and think that you are a rare find...a girl with intergrity, honor and truth. Plus, you love our kiddos so that makes you SUPER SPECIAL in our book. What a beauty you are becoming inside and out. We are very proud of you.
Have a wonderful birthday. Have a wonderful experience at Kamp. I know it will be one of the greatest 2 weeks of your life.
You are loved beyond measure.
I can't wait to hear about your special birthday. You will have to help me plan Lou's in about 8.5 years.
Love you, pepper!!
That is such a beautiful idea, Pam. Thanks for sharing it with us. I hope your time together was as wonderful as you imagined.
Happy Birthday, Hannah!
Post a Comment