This afternoon we found out that our older son was being replaced in his band position and moved to another. We knew as of yesterday it might be a possibility and then he text messaged us today to say he was being moved. (They had try outs at the end of the school year and he made the position he wanted. Then yesterday a new kid came and they let him try out.) Tod and I were so sad for him, we couldn’t be there to comfort him and tell him that this was in God’s control and everything would be okay. We went tonight to see the band play what they had learned so far. As we sat in the stands, (we still had not seen or talked to T) I have to confess it was so hard for me to sit and watch. My heart was aching for T. I had to keep reminding myself that God has a purpose, even when it comes to band.
So today my heart soared and sunk, but I know who is in control and I wouldn't want to live one day without Him. I couldn't handle it on my own. And that is what I want my kids to know too. How else will they truly learn it if they don't live it and experience it?
4 comments:
Sounds like we had similar days. I sure love H and T. She did great at kamp and there is no more dedicated band member than T. I am sorry about what happened, but I have to wonder...is there some kid who's life needs to be influenced by T? Is that why he will be in that position in the band? Standing or sitting by that one kid who might need him this year?
I love your heart, Pam. You are so tender.
By the way, thanks for the eggs, neighbor!
Oh, I need to hear more. I will call you. I need the full story!!
But I agree with what you said. For such a time as this...God's purpose will be fulfilled.
I love you, sweet sister. Being a mommy is so tough. That heart gets beat up sometimes and it seems like its not fair. I wonder what this is going to teach T? It will grow him, I am sure.
H...YOU ROCK!!!!!!!!! I couldn't be more proud of you.
Your post took me back...
I was seventeen, and in the band. I lost my long held first chair position unexpectedly, and I was extremely hurt. However, hurt turned to determination, and I was back in the position where I wanted to be just a couple of short months later.
Junior High and High School are so hard sometimes. You are such a special mom to feel such connection with your kids! They are blessed to have you!
Oh, and I love Dawn's comment!
Ugh. I know I've only touched the iceberg of those difficult Mommy moments. So appropriate that saying. I love what everyone had to say. Great thoughts on a tough situation.
Post a Comment