Sunday, January 20, 2008

Tender moment

This morning at church we had a wonderful music and worship time. I felt such gratitude to God for all he has blessed my life with. At one point we were encouraged to just listen to the words as one of the women from the worship team sang this song by Marc James.

“I’m giving you my heart, and all that is within I lay it all down for the sake of you my King, I’m giving you my dreams, I’m laying down my rights, I’m giving up my pride for the promise of new life.

And I surrender all to you, all to you And I surrender all to you, all to you

I'm singing You this song, I'm waiting at the cross And all the world holds dear, I count it all as loss
for the sake of knowing You, For the glory of Your name
To know the lasting joy, even sharing in Your pain”

My fourteen year old son reached over and held my hand for the entire song. I can not even describe the emotion I felt. I just sat there and let the tears roll. Even now I am tearing up. It was such a precious time with my son. Okay now I am just down right crying. I love those special gifts from God.

Father Thank you for such a special moment. One that I will always remember. Thank you for all the ways you show me how much you love me. I love you and I surrender all to you.


7 comments:

Alana said...

The Spirit was moving today because I spent our entire worship time today in tears. It was a beautiful time.

I love that special moment with your son and with your Savior!!

Janelle said...

Oh, Pam. What a special moment! I wonder what led T to respond in that way. Regardless, it was priceless.

Wish I could have been there to see it. But I am sure that between wrestling mine and dooling out snacks, I would have missed it.

Love it when Jennifer sings that song!

Anonymous said...

What a great moment.

Sounds like a wonderful beginning to a beautiful day.

Shelley said...

And....I'm crying too! It's interesting, I cried yesterday in Church too. They played a video that really got to me. I'm so glad you blogged about this. You'll remmeber it forever!

Carissa said...

i cried in church yesterday too! and in fact...it was in a "surrender all" type of song. really, there is just something about THAT. something grounding and real and needed in our lives. pam, so so happy you had that time. i love it when the Lord shows us how CLOSE he is to us! precious!!

dawn said...

Pam-I am crying right with you. I love your Boy1 so much. He is a great influence on my children and his own brother and sister. You have done a fine job raising him and he has gret things ahead of him.

Thanks for sharing!

BethAnne said...

Hey, I found you through Tara. I had to comment because as the mother of 2 little boys, I understand what a sweet moment this was with your son. Your kids are beautiful!