Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Being Real

One reason I decided to start blogging is because it is a non-threatening way to really be yourself. I am drawn to REAL people. I just love it when you feel like you've known someone forever. I want to be a person that is 100% REAL. My personal struggle in being real all the of time is whether or not I feel "safe". It is much easier to be real when someone else is being real. So... I am striving to be the initiator; to be safe in the fact that it does not matter what others think of me, because my identity is in Christ. I am not here to impress anyone, but to leave an impression of God's love.

6 comments:

Alana said...

Definitely the hardest part of being real is the "safe" factor. I want to be real all of the time, but the fear of rejection or judgement often keeps me from doing so. This makes me sad because I know I miss out on receiving and showing God's grace when I'm not real with others.

To being real!

Carissa said...

amen to both you girls! one of the struggles in balance in my life...being real versus being safe. i'm not done with this struggle yet but i do join you in the journey.

to being real!

dawn said...

Oh, Pam. I am in the midst of learning not to worry about what others think as well. This is the thing that I feel the Lord is working on me the most right now. It is something I have struggled with all my life and I am sick and tired of it. I want to just be me and not worry about what others think of me.

As for you, you are a very REAL woman and I am blessed to know you. I love our talks and the true life situations we share. I guess it is hard not to be real with one another when our kids are making bathroom noises to one another in the back seat of the van. There's just no way to hide that, is there?

Janelle said...

I am drawn to real, too. I hope that others see the real me. Sometimes it is good and sometimes it's just plain ugly.

I agree with Dawn. You are truly a real person. Your truth and honesty in my life have been a blessing. It is not hard to pretend with you! I love that you are safe.

Shelley said...

Well said Pam, and the Commenters too. I try so hard to be "real", and it hurts me when others don't reciprocate. I think that's why this little group of ours is so great, we're all striving to be as "real" as we can be. Some are further along than others in their journey, but I think all of our hearts are in the right place. We can all be "safe" for one another.

Pam said...

To being real. You all are awesome, thanks for sharing, I love it.