Saturday, September 13, 2008

A Different Season

My life has done a 180 from the past few years and a 360 from 5 years ago. It is amazing how different life is now. I was in mourning for ‘days gone by’ for about 2 years leading up to where I am now. The past few years I have worked part-time and substituted at the school. Now, I have gone to work full time. I am where God wants me. I finally feel okay with it. It’s hard, but I know this is what I need to do right now. I am so thankful to God for allowing me to be home with my kids when they were babies and to home school them for awhile. As hard as those days were sometimes, they hold some of the dearest moments that I will treasure forever. The single thought of some of those times brings joy to my heart. Thank you Father! Yes, I miss those days of snuggling on the couch first thing in the morning, but by the end of the day bedtime was all I could do to get them in bed as soon as possible so I could have some quiet time. We don’t snuggle in the morning now, but bedtime is so sweet. Being away from them all day pushes me to spend that time at night with each of them as we end our day. Every day holds a new treasure of its own; it is just in a different package.



5 comments:

Celeste said...

I was petrified when I was up for the promotion at work and would be going to full-time. I have been amazed at how smooth the transition was, and how awesome it has been. All of the things I was afraid of never happened, and all of the blessing I didn't anticipate have happened.

Alana said...

I love reading this, because I know I am about to enter this phase pretty soon. I'm glad the transition for you is going well.

Janelle said...

It has been my joy to have been with you through the good, bad and the ugly cry.

Like totally!

Shelley said...

What a great little something for those of us still in the "get them in bed as fast as we can!" phase. Thank you! And I love that you're loving this time in your life.

michelle said...

Your words are so true! I've tried to remind myself in the tougher moments but sometimes it is difficult. Enjoy your new moments!!!